Saturday, December 02, 2006

Saltaholics Anonymous


I don’t have a lot of time this week. We had a little old ice storm on Thursday here in Dallas, right in the middle of cleaning up autumn leaves. Not to mention that it’s the end of the month and my time this weekend will be better spent getting my billing in the mail than researching on the internet.

Too, there’s the fact that readership is down here at the old Pool Biz blog. Seems that the new has worn off and maybe everybody’s wondering when I’m going to stop ranting about salt.

Oh, I don’t know. Maybe when the Big Three stop selling salt systems and we can get the patient stable and stop the hemorrhaging of money it’s going to take to repair all the damage that salt has done to our pools and the years it’s going to take to rebuild any positive perception the public might have had toward our industry.

Because you know that’s next, right? We are all going to be falling on our swords big time a couple of years from now when everybody’s pool looks like a rusty version of the surface of the moon.

I have stopped selling salt systems. Duh. I know you knew that.

Have you?

Are you coming here every once in a while and reading this blog and saying to yourself, “Yep. Seen that. Yep. He’s right about that, too. Uh-huh... I figured that was happening, too...” and then going back out and selling more salt systems?

So that’s my challenge to you. Yeah. You sitting there with your coffee reading this page. Left click on comments and tell me what you’re doing about the problem. I know it’s hard. Just start like this; “My name’s Bill (or Bob or George) and I’m a salt addict. I haven’t sold a salt system in three weeks and I feel so much better about myself. I realize now how my addiction was destroying people’s lives, I mean, pools...”

You get the idea. Then, when you’re finished commenting, e-mail this blog to everybody you know that’s still selling salt systems.

Now I really have to get that billing done.

No comments: